Essential Oils for the Entire Family
Benefit-Rich Essential Oils
- Applied topically to the skin
- Inhaled through the nose
- Ingested through the mouth
Make Your Own Cleaning Products
- Lemon oil
- Tea tree oil
- Grapefruit oil
- Eucalyptus oil
- Lavender oil
- Peppermint oil
Versatile, Popular Essential Oils
Whether you prefer essential oils in aromatherapy massages or as diffused scents in your home, it’s easy to incorporate these natural oils into your routine. Here is a list of popular oils and the benefits they offer:
- Associated with getting a good night’s sleep, chamomile is also effective for treating skin problems and improving digestion.
- Lavender has a reputation as an essential oil with the most healing benefits. This essential oil is recommended for treating nervousness, anxiety, sleep issues, skin problems, body pain, and poor digestion.
- Extracted from the fruit’s peel, lemon oil stimulates the nervous system, detoxifies the body, soothes a sore throat, and improves liver functionality. Its fresh scent and natural ability to cut through grease makes lemon oil a popular choice for cleaning products.
- Peppermint oil comes from the leaves of the peppermint plant and is a favorite choice for muscle rubs and aromatherapy massages. It’s also effective when inhaled and is shown to reduce negative thoughts and boost alertness.
- Tea tree oil or melaleuca is used to treat fungal infections and dental problems as well as to boost immunity. A natural antiseptic, tea tree oil is useful for acne and skin rashes.